Friday, January 14, 2011

The Past is the Best Teacher

Should have stuck to what I knew.
Should have stuck to living the way I was before I met you.

Lights dark.
Music blaring,
The beat our bodies were sharing.
My hips perfectly swaying,
As the song perfect for this moment is playing.

Should have held back like I wanted to.
Everything I'm doing is brand new.
This person isn't me.
Emotions all caught up,
This isn't reality.

Things shouldn't be this way,
But my heart was encouraged by the words you would say.
But in your actions is where the truth would lay.

In the beginning, quickly turned off.
Over time, slowly turned on.
Too deep in my feelings-
So far gone.

Deep breath,
Relax.
Just this once go against the facts.
Break all the rules.
This time let your heart choose.

My mind constantly warning me of the things you would do.
Put everything on the line.
Never once did I think the facts would hold true.

- JRW

No comments:

Post a Comment